Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Triathlon!

A few weeks ago, I completed a SUPER mini-triathlon!

Beth and Mrs. Kaminski were my motivation. They did the race with me as well. It was a fun race to do because it was a lot different than just running. :)

The race consisted of:
1. 250 meter swim
2. 7 mile bike
3. 2 mile run

The swim was really awful! It was terrible because it was in the Portage Lakes which are VERY mucky! When the swimmers went in, they were going two by two. Many people got in before I got in. Therefore, the muck was all turned up and I couldn't see my hand beneath the water and I'm pretty sure I swallowed some mud. So while I was swimming I couldn't see where I was going and I swam either out toward the middle of the lake (wrong way) or into another racer (also wrong way). During the swim, I never actually got into a good rhythm. Luckily the swim was short.

The bike was far more embarrassing than the run simply for the reason of appearance! I rode my childhood bike for 7 miles. Picture this: banana seat, bell, basket, and streamers. There goes Aimee...! The bike was the longest event, and I was sporting my sweet bicycle for about 35 minutes! I also had two chains on the bike with locks that I could no longer remember the combination to! I think they were weighing me down! :) The bike trail was very curvy but it was a pretty ride through the park.

The third event was the run which was my strongest event. I was FINALLY able to pass some people, which was a good thing.

I finished and I've lived to tell about it. I'd do it again, but I would train a bit more for the transitions. It was really hard to get out of the lake and continue to run to jump on my bike. My muscles were freezing up! It was weird!

A big thanks to Beth and Mrs. K for including me. I was really nervous and they got me through!

Enjoy the pics!


No comments: