The band was super fun to watch.
I got to experience my first Notre Dame game! :)
Thanks to Mrs. Kaminski's brother, we sat on the 46 yard line, 24 rows up! The seats were amazing. I'm CERTAIN that my first experience can't be topped.
When Nathan and I got up on Saturday morning, we KNEW that it was a perfect day for football. We went out for a run and Nathan showed me all around campus. He made sure to point out all the highlights and teach me a little ND history. The morning weather was promising a perfect fall football day. It was sunny and cool. As the day wore on, the weather remained.
We had bunches of food at Megan's (Nathan's younger sister who is currently in her first year at ND Law). Megan's roommate Katie had her family over as well. The dynamic was interesting because the Monaco's are ND die-hards and Katie's family are Michigan State die-hards. :) Everyone remained civil.
After eating, Megan showed us the Law School and then we hit up some of Nathan's favorite tailgates where he got to meet up with some old friends. We stopped at the Sullivan family tailgate to pick up our tickets and spent some time with Mr. and Mrs. K and Mary.
Then into the stadium for a glorious game! We went in early and went pretty high into the stadium to look over the balcony as the band marched around the stadium. We had a prime spot and could see perfectly. We grabbed a drink and got to our seats for the intro of the marching band and the team. It was really cool to see all the band members flood into the stadium when they were introduced (picture above). From our seats, we could see the entire student section. They had some really fun cheers and they ALL did the same thing the whole game. As any true ND alum would, Nathan did all the cheers, despite the fact that no one around us was doing them! :) I caught on pretty quickly! We had such a great view and the game was a nail biter. We really got to see a good one! As the fourth quarter approached and things got more intense, typical cheerleader Aimee came out and I couldn't control my jumping! :)
We cheered our hearts out and pulled out a win. And I would like to take full credit for that!
(A special thanks to Beth for the ND gear.)
After the game Nathan and I ran to the basilica to save seats for the family (literally, we ran). It fills up pretty quickly, but we made it in time to have seats for mass. It was CRAZY full. Every week mass starts 30 minutes after the game. There was a pretty fun atmosphere. Not to mention, beautiful.
After mass, we wrapped up the day in the same spot were we began. We all went to Megan's for some more yummy food and to celebrate the victory. (Katie's family ate, but didn't exactly celebrate!) Then we called it a night.
It was a super fun weekend. I'm glad to have experienced it. I was impressed by the loyalty and tradition that is Notre Dame. After an experience like that, you yearn to be a part of the ND family. Nathan assured me that I am a part of it now by some sort of transient property. :)
We're headed back at the end of October for Boston College, next time with the Joneses, Erin, and Mary K! :) FUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment