Monday, March 5, 2012

Wow...8 months ago!

Well it's officially been long enough since my last post.

8 months ago.  That's pathetic. 
8 months ago.  I was SO tan...
...and skinny!

Fast forward to March 2012,  I'm 6 months pregnant and my belly is beginning to get in the way of everything (expect my food). In pregnancy lingo that's 25 weeks.

To date the baby is the size of an eggplant, measures about 9 inches long (crown of head to sweet little bottom), and weighs about 2 pounds (which doesn't excuse the 20lbs I've gained).

On February 21 we had our second sonogram.  Nathan and I have opted to wait to find out the gender of the baby.  We are both enjoying the suspense (except when it comes to choosing bedding).  Everyone asks: What do you want?  I think that it is safe to say that Nathan is leaning toward boy and I am leaning toward girl.  We like to stay in our comfort zones. Just like all of you, what we WANT is a healthy baby.  So, the best way to answer the BIG question is, we want what we have.

Other popular questions:

How are you feeling?  Mom feels great.  She is a little grumpy and impatient at times, but otherwise very healthy.

Do you have any cravings? Not really.  At the very beginning of the pregnancy I ate everything salty, especially potato chips.  Now, I just eat everything.

What do you think about names?  This is still a touchy subject for us and I have a feeling that nothing will be decided until the baby's birthday.  In this scenario, "to each his own" seems fitting!

I'm looking forward to a few classes that I've signed up for: breastfeeding, cloth diapering, and our childbirth class.  Currently I have a one track mind, all things baby.  So these classes will satisfy my "mommy cravings" and help to pass the time.

It seems to be "creepy" to post pregnancy pics to Facebook, so I've been trying to spare my FB friends.  However, if you're reading this blog it's by choice.  I'm including a slideshow of my ever-growning belly to date.  Enjoy!


No comments: