Sunday, September 14, 2008

All About Bears



This week in kindergarten we will do a book study on Bill Martin's Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Around midnight last night, I decided that I wanted to create a computer based center where children could learn non-fiction information about bears (we stay with theme's in K). By the morning after, I'd created an iMovie about bears. I embedded two YouTube videos, some cool pictures, and some sound clips of bears.

I compressed it and made it into a QuickTime file for web-sharing. The quality isn't so great this way...but here's a glimpse of what the kiddies will get to do this week during their computer 'center time'. (There is a 5 minute video in the middle of a bear wading in a stream...it gets boring, don't close it though...skip through it. At the end is a GREAT clip of Bill Martin himself, reading the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? It's worth a listen!)

And a big thanks to my friend Steve who was talking me through the technical parts like transferring files to different formats, etc. He was up until 2 as well. I owe ya one!

2 comments:

jaimelenhart said...

wow. what a good teacher. impressive.

Stacey said...

you're so good! i'm jealous of your talent in technology and teaching, school isn't the same without you :(