1. Rachael and Mike's Wedding.
Mr. & Mrs. Gibbons. I cheered with Rachael in college and she was still on the squad the following year when I was coaching. Mikey is my age and led the league with tackles, an all American linebacker. :) GO RAIDERS. What could be more fun than a Raider wedding? They got married on Valentine's Day. The wedding was beautiful and the atmosphere was romantic, the whole nine yards! It was fun to catch up with old friends, good friends, and college acquaintances. Coach Steph was there too, so we had a great time catching up with her. I spent the evening as a third wheel with Trace and Bri! :) XO Thanks Trace.
2. Birthday Dinner! :)
This year, some very close friends went entirely out of their way to make my birthday very special. IF there was ever a time where I doubted making the decision to come home from NYC, all my doubts were cleared up. Beth and AJ were persistent about setting a date for BIRTHDAY DINNER. We take turns cooking meals for each other. If they are cooking, they invite Erin and me over. If I'm cooking, we invite them. I didn't really see what the big deal was that we put an actual date on the calendar, but Beth just wouldn't stop bugging me about it! :)
Well...it was a big deal! Beth, AJ, and Erin arranged for a little surprise gathering. They invited lots of my closest friends (right underneath my nose) to spend the evening together.
The Guests: Beth, AJ, Erin, Marissa, Matt, Mary, Tiffany,Nathan. Lucky me. We ate pizza chili and salad. Erin made the most perfect cake. It was beautifully decorated on the outside, but the inside was the real treat. PURPLE and WHITE checkers! :) Go Raiders! The best part was when we walked up, the entire house was dark. Beth hollered "We're back here, come on in." So Erin and I walked in (Starbursts and funfetti cookies in tow) and went into the living room. There was whispering and giggling and silhouettes of friends, only I couldn't figure out who they were. The giggling was a result of the fact that the suspense was extended because SOMEONE couldn't get the light to turn on. :) And finally, the light clicked on, then SURPRISE! Best night ever.
3. Birthday Day! :)
The surprises didn't stop coming. Erin had the house decorated when I woke up in the morning. Thanks to our favorite, The Office, I had a non-emotional birthday sign posted on the refrigerator. "It is your birthday." There were streamers and balloons too! Again...lucky me! Another surprise came Tuesday at school. Nathan came and brought a lovely bouquet of flowers. You can tell by one of the pictures that I might have been a little embarassed. Ultimately, I was honored to have that kind of special treat! The flowers are still alive and well in my little living room! Nathan and his mom treated me to lunch as well. For a third time...lucky me!
February was BUSY! Sorry for the quick update. Doesn't contain tons of details.
Well...it was a big deal! Beth, AJ, and Erin arranged for a little surprise gathering. They invited lots of my closest friends (right underneath my nose) to spend the evening together.
The Guests: Beth, AJ, Erin, Marissa, Matt, Mary, Tiffany,Nathan. Lucky me. We ate pizza chili and salad. Erin made the most perfect cake. It was beautifully decorated on the outside, but the inside was the real treat. PURPLE and WHITE checkers! :) Go Raiders! The best part was when we walked up, the entire house was dark. Beth hollered "We're back here, come on in." So Erin and I walked in (Starbursts and funfetti cookies in tow) and went into the living room. There was whispering and giggling and silhouettes of friends, only I couldn't figure out who they were. The giggling was a result of the fact that the suspense was extended because SOMEONE couldn't get the light to turn on. :) And finally, the light clicked on, then SURPRISE! Best night ever.
3. Birthday Day! :)
The surprises didn't stop coming. Erin had the house decorated when I woke up in the morning. Thanks to our favorite, The Office, I had a non-emotional birthday sign posted on the refrigerator. "It is your birthday." There were streamers and balloons too! Again...lucky me! Another surprise came Tuesday at school. Nathan came and brought a lovely bouquet of flowers. You can tell by one of the pictures that I might have been a little embarassed. Ultimately, I was honored to have that kind of special treat! The flowers are still alive and well in my little living room! Nathan and his mom treated me to lunch as well. For a third time...lucky me!
February was BUSY! Sorry for the quick update. Doesn't contain tons of details.
No comments:
Post a Comment